Thursday 14 May 2015

CANCER PATIENT CALLS 911 FOR LACK OF FOOD

When Clarence Blackmon, 81, returned home to find an empty refrigerator, he called 911. Blackmon had spent months in the hospital being treated and rehabilitated after a cancer diagnosis, WTVD reported.blackmon_911_call.png

“I can’t do anything,” he told 911 operator Marilyn Hinson. “I can’t go anywhere. I can’t get out of my…chair.”
Blackmon asked for cabbage, cans of beans and beets, popcorn, tomato juice and soft drinks. With the help of local police officers, Hinson delivered the food and some homemade sandwiches to the Fayetteville, N.C., man.

“He was hungry. I’ve been hungry. A lot of people can’t say that, but I can, and I can’t stand for anyone to be hungry,” Hinson told WTVD.
“It was like a little miracle ringing in my ear,” Blackmon told WTVD. “I thought, ‘Jesus, you answered those prayers.'”
Blackmon told WTVD that soon a home health nurse will check on him twice a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment