Sunday 7 June 2015

The Uruguay forward thanked his Barcelona team-mates for their support

Luis Suarez says everything at Barcelona is easier thanks to the presence of players like Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta.

The Uruguay striker struck the second goal for the Catalan club in their 3-1 win over Juventus in the Champions League final in Berlin on Saturday, but heaped praise on his team-mates afterwards.

"I am thankful to Barcelona for signing me after everything I went through," the former Liverpool striker said in the mixed zone after the game. "Also my team-mates for their hard work and their sacrifice. They have treated me so well since I arrived and for that I will be grateful for my whole life."Messi and Iniesta make everything easier - Suarez

And he added: "With Messi, with Iniesta and all of the other players who make the difference, it's much easier."

Suarez left Liverpool last summer claiming he wanted to win the Champions League and he has achieved that goal in his first season at Camp Nou.

"It's a dream," he said. "It's something you think about and now it has become a reality. I came to Barca to win titles and I have, so it has been a great season.

"I said I would be happy with 20 goals and I have scored 25, so it is all positive."

Having won the treble of Liga, Copa del Rey and Champions League titles this term, the 28-year-old now believes Barca can go on to improve next season.

"We have beaten Manchester City, PSG, Real Madrid, lots of great teams," he said. "But in this team you always want to keep growing and we have the players to be able to do that. We want to keep getting better."

No comments:

Post a Comment